Our shop has on display pianos to suit beginners, amateurs, and advanced players alike.
Prices range from £795 to £60,000, and the choice is the key with over 120 pianos always on display.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our vast showrooms, to play and appreciate the pianos for sale we have to offer.
Buy With Confidence
- Never consider a piano which lacks a metal frame.
- Check the case for wear and tear and, significantly, any signs of woodworm.
- Inspect the keys for damage and depress each one to test for sluggish movement. Check whether it is out of tune and listen carefully for unusual noises which may be a sign major faults within the instrument.
- Press the pedals to make sure they’re in working order.
- Ensure that all strings are present and intact as replacement can be costly. Examine the tuning pins for corrosion and to ensure that they’re solidly mounted.
- While inside, pay close attention to the condition of all the working parts and their alignment, not forgetting the soundboard behind the strings. Remember to check the hammer felts for wear.
- It’s a lengthy checklist. Unless you’re totally confident, seeking professional help is the only sensible option. Simply call on Peter Smith & Sons at any time for an appraisal and a realistic valuation.
At Peter Smith & Sons Pianos we buy and sell used pianos of the highest quality.
Our shop in Glasgow stock a vast selection of quality pre-owned upright and grand pianos with around 40 used pianos starting at just £795 on display at any time.
Supplying to piano enthusiasts in Glasgow, and Scotland as a whole we consistently experience a high turnover of stock and as such we are always looking to purchase used pianos and anyone interested in selling their piano should contact Martin.
Please check out our Twitter page for all our used pianos.
For more information and genuine impartial advice please call Martin Smith on 0141 887 6160 or 0141 353 2937.